Monday, 21 December 2009

Simble!

"Just wanted to remind you, Prerna, that sometimes success is better measured in smiles received, giggles heard, and hands held, than in dollars earned, deadlines met, and kilos shed."*

I wish i had penned this. I usually don't crib about my lot in life (it may not seem so going by most of my blog entries but really am usually pretty in tune with counting my blessings). But of late have been spending a lot of time cribbing about where life's taken me in the last one year, never mind the fact that I took the plunge into matrimony and the subsequent unemployment willingly. And then a couple of days I received the above in my mail and put a smile on my face. Well I know that I can't go encash giggles and smiles I received but then no bank can credit the fuzzy feeling I got every time I received an impromptu hug from V for being "a good wife" (:P) or a thankful smile from an abject stranger for a seat offered on a bus or kind words upon helping an elderly lady with her coat or a wondrous and proud wow from mom who can't believe her daughter cooked for a party of ten...

I am very fond of saying that it is the small things that pile up to make one big problem, but I guess I could tip the scale in the positive of things and believe that it is a lot of small acts of kindness, good humour and tiny happy moments that can make for one big happy life. Too simplistic, eh. But then I would like to live a simple life. Look for simple answers no matter how complex the problem may seem.

This may not work at all times, but what I have learnt so far is that most times it does.

Even as I say it, I know it is easier said than done. Especially when one can so easily fall prey to negative thoughts and feelings (believe me I know!). So I guess this new year I will gift myself the gift of staying positive and believe that:

"When driving down the road of life, Prerna, rarely do you know how good you have it, until you see it in the rear-view mirror.

Which is not to suggest that you should look back now, but to remind you that where you are today is more awesome and amazing than you probably realize."*

(Another gem wish I had penned.... Since I didn't, thought of sharing it with you.)

*Courtesy: TUT® 's Notes from the Universe(sm)

11 comments:

Latin Sardar said...

Beautiful piece! It is a very remarkable thing, the way you have changed your perception over the past few months and the way the blog posts have been since then.
But please don't make it a habit and get back to writing hilarious stuff asap. :P

March Hare said...

heh heh! Maybe it is the season, or just that the husband's been behaving very well! or maybe am just growing up! But don't worry the fluff will sooner or later return! :D

March Hare said...

And oh yes..Thanks! :)

Catharsis said...

Love how some simple lines can brighten up my day! Keep it up Im stealing this quote! love ya
Noops

Shwetz said...

Amen to ur post! Lovely stuff sweets! :D

Groovy said...

Well said.

Jasmeet said...

You have lots of hugs and smiles from me so you are getting richer by the day :)

March Hare said...

Thanks guys!
@Jas: Lots of those coming your way as well my dear!

Div said...

Prerna, I began reading your blog few weeks ago and though i was mostly a silent reader, couldn't help writing to you this time around. Whoever's given you those nuggets of wisdom has made not only your day but mine too...the power and the possibility of words strung together the right way never ceases to amaze me and these words prove it. Not to forget, you put them all together really well. Keep writing, you have a secret following. Love, Divisha

March Hare said...

Hey Divisha!
Thank you so so very much for ur kind words. These little sayings make my day too! and the source of these is mentioned at the end of this particular post, do check it out if u liked what you read!
Am glad you enjoyed the entry! Keep visiting!

Shalini said...

Lovely post sweetie... helps me get a better perspective on my own life. Its always so refreshing to read your blog... full of humour and optimism.